Self reflection is extremely important for your emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
You must take time to understand yourself your feelings and actions so that you have the chance to identify any self destructive behaviour and to advance on your strengths.
These days we spend far too much time distracted in life. Distracted from our true feelings, wants and needs by Facebook, television, daily chores. But it is essential that we all take time to be by ourselves to reflect on our life’s, if something is making you unhappy take the time to analyse what that might be and take positive steps to change. You are in control of your own life and your own destiny!
Remember your opinion about yourself matters and it is important for you to recognise your best qualities. If you feel good about yourself this will transfer towards how other people feel about you and bring more positivity into your life.
Here are some things you can do to self reflect;
– Write down ten good things about yourself
– Get comfortable with your favourite drink and put on a music album that brings back memories. Listen to it all the way through let your mind wonder. Take time to feel and explore emotions.
– Take a long relaxing bath, no books or iPads just quite time to reflect.
– Meditation. Find a quite spot at home or in nature. Sit with your back straight and take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing.
– Colour or paint. Do something creative and spend quite time alone solely concentrating on this one task you will find your mind begins to wonder and reflect.
I personally like to clean. Some people may find this a stressful boring task so I know it won’t be the same for everyone but I find cleaning very relaxing and it’s my time to reflect on my thoughts.
It’s important that you take some time for yourself every day. Challenge yourself and see what a difference it makes.
I see you.